Questions That You Should Ask Before Hiring an Event Planner
Jump to Infographic
Whether it be for a pharmaceutical investigator meeting or a company’s national sales meeting, here are key questions to ask when hiring an event planner for your next corporate event.
General Capabilities & Support
- What is the company’s area of expertise?
- What is the process from start to finish?
- What specific services will be provided?
- What factors should I consider when determining a virtual or hybrid meeting versus a face-to-face meeting?
- Will I have one contact person or be working with a team of planners throughout the planning process?
- How many planners will be available on the day of the event?
- What method of communication is preferred?
Media & Production Services
- Is there equipment/technician oversight?
- Is graphics, design, and support available?
- Is technical direction provided for the event?
- What will I be responsible for providing?
Financial Reporting Procedures
- How often will billing updates be provided?
- Are final bills paid, documented, and provided as a single package?
- How is healthcare provider (HCP) spend managed, if required?
Compliance & Security
- Does the company offer compliance as a service?
- Are standard processes in place and available for review?
- Where is your meeting data stored and how safe is storage?
- Will our company values align?
- Do I feel like a VIP when interacting with your event planner?
- How are the small details handled?
- What’s the plan if an unforeseen issue should arise?
Latest posts by Miller Tanner Associates Team (see all)
- MTA Celebrates 24 Years in the Events Industry - May 7, 2021
- Case Study: Virtual National Sales Meeting Drives Meaningful Engagement - April 14, 2021
- Meet MTA: Caroline Drummey, Global Experience Designer – Event - March 31, 2021