Security and Confidentiality
Within Miller Tanner, we restrict access to personal and non-public information about you to only those employees and persons who need to know that information so we can provide our professional meeting management services to you in a prompt and professional manner. We maintain physical, technical and administrative security safeguards to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal and business information in our possession and to guard against unauthorized access. These safeguards are also periodically tested by an external agency to verify their effectiveness.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
The information that is collected from you is used to plan meetings/events, purchase travel, send you email notifications, improve our quality of service, and respond to your questions or suggestions. Miller Tanner does not in any way sell any of the information that is given to us.
- The information that is given to us is sometimes given to third parties that provide services that are requested by you (e.g. a hotel, car rentals, airlines, Visa applications, client reports) is given information in order to make a reservation for you. Miller Tanner may also be required by law to disclose information about you in relation to our services.
- Transfers of personal data to third parties who assist Miller Tanner in providing the services that you request (e.g. hotels, car rentals, airlines, Visa applications, client reports) may be located in non European Economic Area (EEA) jurisdictions which do not provide an equivalent level of protection.
- The information that is given to us is sometimes used by Miller Tanner to provide you with news or updates on our services.
- Our third party partners are held to the same high standards Miller Tanner has implemented and they are contractually obligated to only use data we provide them for the purpose it was disclosed to them and to protect its privacy while in their possession.
Miller Tanner Employee Training and Obligations
All Miller Tanner, employees are required to meet our stringent Code of Conduct and data privacy practice that requires all users of our systems to protect the confidentiality of all personal and business information that is obtained in the course of our business.
System Information Gathered by MillerTanner.com
Miller Tanner web servers generate temporary logs that may contain the following information:
- Internet address (IP address) of computer being used
- Webpages requested
- Referring webpage
- Browser used
- Date and Time
The data is used in aggregate by IT custodians to tune the website for its efficiency and is not ordinarily associated with specific individuals. Raw data from the web server logs is only shared with the custodian of each web site and does not contain information regarding a person’s identity or place of work. Summary reports produced from the logs help web publishers determine what web browsers and pages are most popular so we can use the information to tune our system and maintain superior performance.
You have a right to rectify and delete any personal data concerning you. You can exercise these rights by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the following address:
2070 Lebanon Road, 2nd Floor
Lebanon, Tennessee 37087. USA
Miller Tanner reserves the right to request proof of identity before responding to your request.