A biopharmaceutical company hosted a Plan of Action (POA) meeting with the goal to bring four regions together to plan and strategize for their upcoming year’s goals and initiatives. The event was also an opportunity to announce winners of their “Circle of Excellence” top achievers.
- First ever Plan of Action meeting together.
- Compressed 4-weeks turnaround time to plan and produce the POA.
- After surveying feedback from their team, they decided to do regional meetings due to the pandemic concerns and team’s comfort level with travel at that time.
- Wanted to deliver consistent messaging across the meetings by offering the same training to each region.
- Wanted to enable the regions (30-45 people per region) to communicate with one another throughout the POA meeting.
Upon understanding the goals of the client, the MTA team began sourcing per region in order to plan and coordinate four simultaneous meetings in four cities – Dallas, Chicago, New Jersey and Tampa.
The four meetings were held over a 2-day period consisting of general sessions, live virtual broadcasts, and dinners in respective cities.
By providing virtual broadcasts, this accomplished multiple goals:
- The attendees in each region received consistent messaging.
- The attendees engaged with each region virtually for full participation.
To accommodate live virtual broadcasts, the presenters were set up in a remote office so all regional meetings could have a similar experience of speakers on screen delivering a consistent message.
Due to the virtual components of the event, the POA required extensive pre- planning and AV coordination in order to ensure a seamless experience.
The following AV equipment was needed in order to accommodate the virtual needs:
- Tools for the virtual speaker; web camera for attendees per site to view other regional attendees and speakers; laptop; drape set up; microphones for speakers; reliable internet; screen; and projector.
- AV Production expertise and redundancies.
To ensure that all four events were synchronous, our team lead set up a virtual room online in order to manage the four events simultaneously with the onsite teams that were managing timeline, visuals, virtual presenter kits, and extensive training for our team.
The event included coordinated attendee dinners held at local restaurants within close proximity to the respective hotels in each city for easy transport and/or walking options.
Specialty room drops were created for the Circle of Excellence incentive winners announcing the details of their San Diego incentive trip.
With diligent pre-planning and the guidance from MTA’s in-house AV expertise, the Miller Tanner Associates team worked in unison in 4 cities to deliver a seamless synchronous hybrid POA.