10 Benefits of Paperless Meetings
Does the idea of paperless meetings sound daunting or liberating? Here are 10 convincing reasons to shred the paper and embrace the digital devices at your next meeting:
1. Mobile access from any device.
In the digital age, access from anywhere at any time has revolutionized how we work. Having all meeting documentation accessible on mobile devices creates a seamless experience for your attendees.
2. Reduce costs and save administrative time.
When you go paperless, you eliminate the costs associated with printing, ink, and mailing in addition to the administrative time involved.
3. Increase engagement.
By making documents and agendas available from any device, your attendees can prepare in advance and participate more effectively at your meeting.
4. Personalize event schedule with sessions and presentation details.
By digitizing your meeting, you can also personalize the attendees’ event schedule so that there’s no question where they need to be and when they need to be there. This is especially useful for breakout and/or departmental sessions.
5. Distribute real-time notifications.
Keep your meeting’s agenda running smoothly even when change occurs. Last-minute agenda updates and announcements can easily be sent to your attendees through electronic notifications.
6. Consolidate travel and event information in one location for easy access.
Not only can attendees quickly access all meeting details within one source but also all travel details to and from their meeting.
7. Aggregate meeting data automatically and instantly.
A digital dashboard generates more accurate insights into your meeting data giving you the ability to analyze and view metrics visually in real-time with no additional mental effort.
8. Ensure data security. Sensitive information and digital documents can be easily tracked and managed in a secure portal.
9. Manage more effectively with less effort.
When you consider the amount of time and effort spent managing a meeting and its paper trail – from creating and distributing copies, organizing and filing, and protecting and shredding (for security purposes), it’s much more than you might realize. A digitized meeting frees up time to focus on more important matters like ensuring that your attendees are happy and engaged.
10. Reduce your meeting’s carbon footprint.
U.S. businesses use around 21 million tons of paper each year and discard enough to build a 12-foot wall from Los Angeles to New York City. You can have an impact on these staggering stats when you choose the environmentally-conscious paperless meeting option to reduce your paper waste.
Contact our team at Miller Tanner Associates to learn more about how you can plan a successful paperless meeting.
- MTA Celebrates 24 Years in the Events Industry - May 7, 2021
- Case Study: Virtual National Sales Meeting Drives Meaningful Engagement - April 14, 2021
- Meet MTA: Caroline Drummey, Global Experience Designer – Event - March 31, 2021