A biotechnology research company located in Colorado needed help planning a global sales meeting in the Denver and Boulder near their headquarter offices.
The company had recently expanded their team and wanted to invest in a high-caliber event that would motivate the new team members. Their previous events had typically been planned in-house but due to the larger scale of this event and their desire to elevate the overall experience, they reached out to MTA to plan and manage the logistical details of the 3-day event for their global sales meeting.
Given the pandemic challenges, this company decided to move their event to late spring which allowed for 4 months of planning. Because of the growth of the company and the number of new hires that would be attending the event, they wanted to cover not only the standard agenda topics of focusing on the upcoming year and motivating their team, but also include face-to-face creative team building opportunities.
MTA worked with the client to elevate a themed event experience. From ideation to implementation, the MTA team designed a unique experience for the global sales meeting that would meet their event goals, bring value and ROI for both the stakeholders and the attendees. MTA also helped to launch the company’s first President’s Club in combination with this event.
- This global sales meeting had an attendee engagement component that allowed attendees to receive push alerts, notifications, announcements, access to the agenda, and more, all via their mobile phone.
- Upon arrival, the attendees were greeted with local refreshments and a logo-branded cookie from a local bakery.
- Supporting the theme, “Transformational Journey,” the event kicked off the welcome reception at the historic Union Station.
- Gifting experience included a customized, designer backpack filled with local treats and accoutrements, a signed copy of the motivational athlete/speaker’s book and leather-bound journal.
- MTA completely transformed the boutique hotel’s meeting room into an elegant awards evening with rustic elements reflecting Colorado’s pristine landscapes for room décor. A live jazz band set the tone for the evening.
- MTA helped elevate this awards event to the next level. This was also the launch of the President’s Club awards – an incentive trip to Banff with Canada-inspired gifting for all award recipients.
- The team took a half day trip to the company’s headquarters for a tour of the home office and labs. Onsite festivities included local Boulder ice cream and coffee trucks, and a mobile VW van photobooth.
- The day resumed with team building events designed to bring the sales team together to explore the outdoors in a fun and creative way with a choice of a guided hike through Chautauqua Park, a 12-mile tour via electric bikes of the city’s murals, and an axe throwing event.
- The day of team building activities ended with dinner and cider tasting at a local cider brewery with mountain vistas and casual outdoor seating around firepits. Guests received farewell gift drop upon arrival back to the hotel.
Learn how Miller Tanner Associates can create the perfect corporate event for your team!